If you are familiar with the traditional colors of the Sephiroth, then you may visualize them in the appropriate colors during this exercise. I recommend obtaining information on the Golden Dawn techniques of building the Tree of Life into the aura in order to fully understand these exercises.
1. Stand facing West in your Temple or working area (or imagine you are if you are elsewhere). The Pillars of Mercy and Severity should be to your left and right, with the White Pillar of Mercy on your left, and the Black Pillar of Severity on your right hand side. You form (or become) the Middle Pillar as you stand between them. (See Golden Dawn and related systems)
2. Imagine that the Black Pillar is reflected into your right side, and the White Pillar reflected into your left side.
3. Now raise your consciousness to the Light of your Kether - the area just above the crown of your head. Formulate in your mind a sphere of Brilliant White Light there. This is the divine core of your Being. When you can see it and feel it in your mind strongly enough, Vibrate (3 or 4 times) slowly "Eheieh." (Eh-HEH-yeh) Vibrate this word until it is the only thought in your conscious mind.
4. Imagine a shaft of light beaming down your pranic tube ('Middle Pillar') from your Kether into the energy center about the level of the nape of your neck/throat. Here, visualize another sphere of Light similar to your Kether, though smaller in size. This is your Daath center. It forms the conscious link between your divinity and your ego. When you can feel this sphere strongly, vibrate slowly (3 or 4 times etc.), "YHVH Elohim." (Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh Eh-loh-heem)
5. Bring a shaft of Light from your Daath center straight down your pranic tube again, until it reaches the level of your Heart. This is your Tiphareth center. Visualize a sphere of Light similar to the others. (Regardie says in The Middle Pillar, "from there a warmth and a quite different sense of power will gently radiate as though from an interior sun.") When you can feel this sphere strongly, vibrate slowly, "YHVH Eloah Ve-Daath." (Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh Eh-loh-ah Veh-Dah-Ath)
6. Bring the shaft of Light from your Tiphareth center straight down your pranic tube again, until it reaches the Yesod center in the genital region. Imagine another sphere of Light there. When you can feel it strongly, vibrate slowly as before, "Shaddai El Chai." (Shah-dye-El-Chai, with 'Ch' being a phlegmy 'H' sound as in the German 'Ch').
7. Imagine the shaft of Light descending from Yesod into your Malkuth center at your feet and ankles. When you can feel this sphere strongly, vibrate slowly as before, "Adonai ha-Aretz." (Ah-doh-nye ha-Ah-retz)
8. At this point, you may "make the Qabalistic Cross to indicate that you have called the Light of your Kether and balanced it in your aura." (quote from Israel Regardie in The Golden Dawn.)
Here are some additional energy circulation exercises (and excerpts from the Ciceros') that are very good to perform following the Middle Pillar exercise. Employing rhythmic breathing throughout, perform each several times before moving on to the next one.
Circulation 1. Exhale and visualize the Light from your Kether traveling down the left side of your body and into Malkuth. Inhale and bring it from Malkuth up the right side of your body back into Kether.
Note from the Ciceros' The Balance Between Mind and Magic: "The direction of circulation (down the left and up the right) has a tendency to energize power in the Middle Pillar, resulting in a feeling of energy increase and a swelling in the Body of Light. The other direction (down the right and up the left) tends to relax the energy body, possibly resulting in a trance-state."
Circulation 2. Imagine a ribbon of light descending from your Kether and going down along the front of your body to Malkuth, and then going up along your back and returning to Kether.
Note from the Ciceros' The Balance Between Mind and Magic: "This direction of circulated energy tends to cleanse the Subtle Body."
Circulation 3. Bring the Light up your Middle Pillar (pranic tube) and when it reaches your Kether, imagine it showering down along the outside of your body as it returns to Malkuth.
Circulation 4. Spiral the energy around the outside of your body from Malkuth to Kether.
You can come up with additional variations of these exercises on your own if you like.
Eheieh - (Eh-HEH-yeh) = "I will be."
YHVH Elohim - (Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh Eh-loh-heem) = "the Lord God."
YHVH Eloah ve-Daath - (Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh Eh-loh-ah veh-Dah-Ath) = "Lord God of Knowledge."
Shaddai El Chai - (Shah-dye El Chai) = "Almighty Living God."
Adonai ha-Aretz - (Ah-doh-nye ha-Ah-retz) = "Lord of Earth."